Site news

PARENT'S WEEKLY UPDATE- THE LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL!

Carol
PARENT'S WEEKLY UPDATE- THE LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL!
by Carol DeFehr - Saturday, 24 June 2017, 3:59 AM

Hi Parents,

Be sure to watch the highlights of our CANADA 150 CELEBRATION ON CFJC TV!  The school did a great job today and I was extremely proud. Thanks for sending your kids in the spirit!

Please find attached a VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE ABOUT TUESDAY'S FUN DAY! The Brock Pool staff double booked the pool and we were told today they could not accomodate us. Therefore, thanks to our amazing STAFF and PAC, they took quick action and came up with a revised plan. The day is the same for the morning- so please come watch! Instead of going swimming we will welcome FUN FACTOR bouncy activities and the DUNK TANK back. Any Gr. 7's that would like to go specifically in the dunk tank can receive a SEPARATE HIGH RISK permission form on Monday from their teacher. ALL STUDENTS were sent home with the attached letter and permission form today and all students K-7 must complete this new form. Please return before 8:30 on Tuesday.

A REMINDER THE PAC SERVES LUNCH ON THIS DAY- one hotdog, a drink, a bag of chips and an icecream snack. PLEASE SEND A SNACK for RECESS and more food for lunch if what the PAC is offering is not ample. Please also send a water bottle and  appropriate clothing for the weather (sunscreen, hat and running shoes).

Please find attached the JUNE PAC NEWSLETTER. Thanks to their outstanding work this year. The newsletter indicates all the financials and gives parents a transparent breakdown of what fundraising dollars supported this year. Thanks to the PAC and all parents of Westmount for all your fundraising this 2016-2017 school year.  Please note the AGM is September 18th and we need many new faces to attend.

This week we will revisit many of the 52 VIRTUES in the VIRTUES PROJECT. Thanks for your support at home all year on these.

PARENTS*** COME CHECK THE LOST AND FOUND! It will be displayed this week and if items are not claimed by Thursday at 2:30 we send them out of the school to a local charity.  There are so many nice items! Please encourage your children to check!

THIS WEEK:

Monday June 26- Mrs. Regan's Class to Shumway Lake, LGES JAZZ BAND comes to perform at 11:15,  Mrs. Ruddick and Mrs. MacDonald's classes to Westmount Park 1:2:20

Tuesday June 27- FUN DAY and BOUNCY FUN! We are at the school for the entire day. Parents are welcome to come watch, cheer and celebrate the year with us. PAC LUNCH PROVIDED.

Wednesday June 28- Please be sure to send an extra bag for locker and desk clean out.

Thursday June 29- YEAR END ASSEMBLY. Parents will get notification from the teacher if your child in Gr. 4-7 is getting a classroom award. ASSEMBLY STARTS at 10:15. We will have an early recess at 9:45 am. Gr. 7 parents are reminded that this is our FAREWELL TO OUR 7's who are MOVING ON to HIGHSCHOOL!  All parents are welcome. TERM III REPORT CARDS are handed out just before dismissal which is at 12:00. At 12:01 SUMMER HOLIDAYS OFFICIALLY BEGIN!

SCHOOL RESUMES TUES. SEPT. 5 th at 10:30 am. I will communicate with parents on the Labour Day weekend as per usual as the new year approaches. A reminder a portable will be installed in the staff parking lot and NO PARENTS or DAYCARE VANS will ever be permitted in the lot. We also have walls being knocked down this summer and major renovations happening. The entire office needs to be packed as we are finally get the new flooring I requested when I arrived 2 years ago!

A REMINDER THE BRIGHT RED BOOK BUS will be at WESTMOUNT every Tuesday in July from 10 am-12 pm. Your child can get a free book each week and we would love if you come visit! Westmount is hosting the SUMMER READING PROGRAM- thanks to all the parents that filled out the paperwork! We also would ask that you consider enrolling your child in the TNRD Public Library Summer Reading Program- reading all summer is SO VERY important to maintaining gains and making gains.

Thanks again to all parents of Westmount.  I am one very lucky principal. Thank you for all your support as we end our second year together. I am looking forward to some time in Maui in July when I finish work and lots of time at the Shuswap in August. Enjoy your summers! I will miss your beautiful, talented and thoughtful children.

Respectfully,

Mrs. DeFehr