Site news

Parent's Weekly Email: June 12-16th, 2017

Carol
Parent's Weekly Email: June 12-16th, 2017
by Carol DeFehr - Saturday, 10 June 2017, 3:32 AM

Hi Parents,

Happy Weekend to you all! Please find below the updates for the upcoming week and some reminders for the following week as well.

Just a reminder that if you plan to MOVE over the summer to please let Mrs. Connelly know in the office if your children are not returning to Westmount.

For those of you that have children that work with Mrs. Korpan, our CEA, I am pleased to let you know that she is not leaving our school for the next school year. We had lost one position, but secured our 4th CEA back for 2017-2018 this past Wednesday. Mrs. Dawn Lord is leaving our school as she posted into Arthur Hatton though so that is a change since the newsletter came out.

PAC NEWS: Just a reminder that there is a PAC MEETING MONDAY JUNE 12th at 6:15 pm. We would love to see you there. New faces always welcome.

LAURA's PIES FUNDRAISER- A HUGE THANK YOU FOR ALL THE ORDERS! REMEMBER PIES MUST BE PICKED UP WED. JUNE 14th. They should arrive around 2 pm so please mark your calendars. We have no space to store the frozen pies at the school so parents must make arrangements for pick up.

PAC YEAR END BBQ!  The fun gets under way around 5 pm. The Lions Club will be serving up burgers and there will be a dunk tank again this year and lots of fun games for your children run by WSS volunteeer students. Bring money to get tickets for the amazing baskets that will be given away that night and the kids always love the CAKE WALK (cupcake prizes). FYI~ I will be in the DUNK TANK at 5:15 for anyone that wants to pay a small price to dunk me! I know there are some children out there that want redemption on me........ (le sigh) 

THERE WILL NOT BE A PAC FREEZIE SALE ON FRIDAY JUNE 16 due to the Early Closure.

VIRTUE OF THE WEEK: ENTHUSIASM!

REMINDER THAT MINT ICECREAM SANDWICH ORDERS are due back WED. JUNE 14th. $1.00

SCHOOL SPIRIT VENDING MACHINE- Thanks to those of you that have sent $1.00 with your child to get a sticker collection started! We appreciate your support. The Westmount stickers will be coming soon I promise!

PEOPLE IN MOTION will be at our school every day this week doing presenations in all the classes! Be sure to ask your child about what they learned.

PARENTS with children on Individual Education Plans- please return the forms that Mrs. Haw sent home with you. We look forward to your year end comments.

A reminder that FRIDAY JUNE 16 is an EARLY CLOSURE DAY. Students are dismissed at 12:30 and need to be picked up promptly at dismissal. The teachers have a committment that day over the lunch hour and we need children picked up on time. Thanks for your help with that!

Also on Friday June 16- all LIBRARY BOOKS are due back to avoid getting billed from the Library Department. Please send all Westmount books back.

We are also missing MANY MANY Westmount Jerseys from Track and Field season. Your child will get a $50.00 bill if it is not returned. We have their name attached to a number so please return them this week to avoid the billing process.

ON FRIDAY JUNE 16th- we thank you parents. You will be receiving a small token of appreciation from the school. Please thank your child for their hard work preparing your items.

NEXT WEEK: JUNE 19-23   VIRTUE OF THE WEEK: COOPERATION

THE SPEED READER BOARD will be up on WESTSYDE ROAD- watch your speed everyone!

Tues. June 20- FUN DAY PERMISSION FORMS DUE. Thank you PAC for all your support! 2000 HOWL OUT REWARD DAY! Wait til you see what the staff and I got your kids! Mr. Blower's class to Cliffside Climbing  Gym. Connolly's Class to the Wildlife Park.

Wed. June 21- NATIONAL ABORIGINAL DAY! MINT ICECREAM SANDWICH DAY! AIR BAND DAY! BRIGHT RED BOOK BUS at Westmount 12-1! Encourage your children to check it out. Parents come on down and see it too!  Connolly's class to WSS all day!

Thurs. June 22- Blower's class to DragonBoat Challenge against other SD73 schools.

Fri. June 23- Torchia and Eagles' classes to Isobel Lake. Primus, Ewashina and Ruddick's classes to the Cineplex to see Captain Underpants Movie. SPIRIT DAY! We are celebrating Canada's 150th Birthday! Please dress your child in their CANADA DAY attire! Great prizes to win and we will be singing I AM CANADIAN together! I hope to get a great video of our kids singing!

Thanks everyone. I truly have the best parent community in the entire School District.

Respectfully,

Mrs. DeFehr