Site news

Parent's Weekly Update April 10-14, 2017

Carol
Parent's Weekly Update April 10-14, 2017
by Carol DeFehr - Friday, 7 April 2017, 8:47 PM

Hi Parents,

What a great first week back we had after Spring Break at Westmount!

Here are the updates for this coming week: VIRTUE OF THE WEEK is UNDERSTANDING

Mon. April 10- PAC Meeting at 6:15. All parents are welcome. We meet in the library. In my Principal Report I will be discussing the proposed divisions for next year and also the location of the 5th new portable should parents be curious. Parents are also invited to a CYBERBULLYING WORKSHOP on May 9th at the HGEC at 6:30. I encourage parents to attend this community event.

Tues. April 11- The Vancouver Aquariaum "AQUA VAN" is at Westmount all day. We have an assembly at 8:50 am.  WEAR BLUE or WESTMOUNT ATTIRE for #lovemyschoolday

FLAG FOOTBALL SEASON BEGINS.  We play at home Tuesday against SUMMIT.

Wed. April 12- Mother Goose Program begins at 9 am. MILK AND COOKIE DAY! Indoor Track Relay fest for teams at TCC afterschool.

Thursday April 13- Term III Overviews will come home to parents by today. ZONE BATTLE OF THE BOOKS competition at ASES 12:30. Mrs. MacDonald/ Connolly and Eagles classes all head to gymnastics today. JUMP ROPE FOR HEART KICK OFF ASSEMBLY at 9 am.  Pizza with the Principal forms due to the office.

Friday April 14- GOOD FRIDAY. No school for students. 

Next week: Virtue of the Week is Service

Monday April 17- EASTER MONDAY. No School for students.

Tues. April 18- ICECREAM ORDER FORMS GO HOME. City of Kamloops Watershed Presentations Day 1.

Wed. April 19- Mother Goose Program 9 am. City of Kamloops Watershed Presentations Day 2.

Thursday. April 20- Mrs. MacDonald/Connolly and Eagles' classes to gymnastics.

Friday April 21- Kamloops Thompson Honor Choir Performance 9:15 am. PAC HOT DOG DAY! ICECREAM ORDERS DUE BACK!  MULTIPLES SPIRIT DAY- dress like as many people as you can! Swimming for Eagles, Blower and Finley's classes.

*NO SCHOOL MONDAY APRIL 24- District Non Instructional Day

PINK PARENT INPUT FORMS are due back May 19th, 2017 if interested in completing.

Thanks!

Respectfully,

Mrs. DeFehr