Site news

Westmount Parent Weekly Update April 3-7th, 2017

Carol
Westmount Parent Weekly Update April 3-7th, 2017
by Carol DeFehr - Saturday, 1 April 2017, 9:23 AM

Hi Parents!

I hope you had a wonderful Spring Break with your children and that everyone in your house is ready to get back to routines and school life. Happy April's Fool's Day today! So strange that this is on the weekend this year. The kids and I love to play a few trickster moves usually when it falls during the week. I have missed seeing all your terrific kids and look forward to seeing them all on Monday.

Please remember to send back all inside shoes, gymstrip, blankets in Kindergarten and signed REPORT CARD Envelopes. Please ensure your child comes to school dressed for outside play daily- whether that is rain gear or  appropriate jackets.

Watch for permission slips for those students interested in playing FLAG FOOTBALL this season (Gr. 6/7) and those students who want to participate in RELAY FEST/PARLOFF should see Mrs. Caputo if you missed the sign up prior to Spring Break. Permission slips will go home for all three events shortly after we return.

Parents a reminder again that at NO TIME is the STAFF PARKING LOT accessible for parents at drop off or pick up times. This parking lot is completely out of bounds to parents. Please be respectful of this.

APRIL IS CANUCKS AUTISM MONTH. Westmount is an inclusive school and we believe strongly in acceptance and education about this cause. All month teachers will be giving talks, lessons, showing youtube clips to educate our students about autism.

VIRTUE THIS WEEK: UNITY

PINK PARENT INPUT FORMS FOR CLASS PLACEMENT for 2017-2018 are available starting Monday April 3 from the office. Please note that we will be keeping track of date and time these are returned so don't delay. Final date to return is May 19th.

THE APRIL NEWLSETTER IS READY and will be coming to your email  inboxes on Monday April 3. The list of calendar items and upcoming events is long so you will want to make note of dates or print off the calendar page for sure.

THIS WEEK:

Monday April 3- Pink Input forms available. MILK AND COOKIE ORDERS come home! Orders are due back Thursday April 6 and Milk and Cookie Day is Wed. April 12th.

Wednesday April 5- Mrs. MacDonald's Class to CEDAR DENTAL CLINIC- 9 am/Mrs. Connolly's Class to CEDAR DENTAL CLINIC 1:00 pm. PLEASE RETURN PERMISSION SLIPS as communicated by each teacher.

FRUIT AND VEGGIE PROGRAM ON WEDNESDAY is MINI PEPPERS! Thanks to our PAC moms that organize this and disperse it for us.

Thursday April 6- Milk and Cookie Orders due. PAC PURDY'S ORDERS available for PICK UP or will be sent home with students. Thank you for your orders! Mrs. Eagles' class to GYMNASTICS today at 9:40 am. Congratulations to our District Science Fair winners as they are off to TRU today!

Friday April 7- DAY OF SUCWENTWECW ASSEMBLY 9 am. All parents are welcome. Trustee Joe Small will be joining us. Many classes performing at this assembly and teachers will communicate if their students are involved so that you can come watch.

NEXT WEEK: April 10-14

VIRTUE OF THE WEEK: Understanding

Mon. April 10- PAC Meeting 6:15 pm. All parents welcome. PAC PARENT PAINT NITE is coming up APRIL 30th. Remember to register!

Tues. April 11- #LOVEMYSCHOOLDAY  WEAR BLUE or WESTMOUNT ATTIRE, Vancouver Aquariaum AQUA VAN at WESTMOUNT ALL DAY! Assembly at 8:50 and then each class gets a session with the team. Flag Football season begins for Gr. 6/7 Team.

Wed. April 12- MOTHER GOOSE PROGRAM starts at 9 am for parents/toddlers at our school. MILK AND COOKIE DAY! I organize the milk and cookies just as soon as the milk is delivered, but I am at the mercy of the Blackwell Dairy Delivery man. My hope is to have the snack out before 10:30 am.

INDOOR RELAY FEST AT TCC with Mrs. Caputo afterschool*

Thurs. April 13- TERM III Overviews will be sent home to parents by today. ZONE BATTLE OF THE BOOKS COMPETITION at Arthur Stevenson- 12:00 (Mrs. Sauer will send home permission slip), MacDonald and Connelly's and Mrs. Eagle's classes to Gymnastics. HEART AND STROKE JUMP ROPE FOR HEART ASSEMBLY 9 am with the Dallas Thunderhearts Skipping Team presentation. Thanks to Mrs. Ewashina for her organization of this event and the assembly.

PIZZA WITH THE PRINCIPAL FORMS DUE APRIL 13 from the April Newsletter- bin at the office. Enter your kids for a chance to have lunch with me! They generally love this experience so please take the time to enter. Extra forms to enter available at the office so kids can pick them up!

Friday April 14- EASTER WEEKEND. No School today for GOOD FRIDAY

EASTER APRIL 16. No School Monday Arpil 17th for EASTER MONDAY.

Thanks Everyone,

Mrs. DeFehr