Site news

Parent Weekly Update: March 13-17, 2017

Carol
Parent Weekly Update: March 13-17, 2017
by Carol DeFehr - Friday, 10 March 2017, 8:38 PM

Hi Parents,

HAPPY LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL BEFORE OUR 2 WEEK SPRING BREAK!

Please note that four documents of importance were attached to the update this weekend: PAC MARCH NEWSLETTER, PAC PARENT PAINT NITE INFORMATION, MOTHER GOOSE PROGRAM for TODDLERS being held at WESTMOUNT in APRIL and a WESTSYDE SECONDARY FUNDRAISER that ALL Families are invited to (Mrs. Primus sits on the Grad committee organizing the event so she asked me to spread the word!) Please check your email.

VIRTUE of the WEEK: PATIENCE (which is one of the First Peoples Principles of Learning)

THIS WEEK:

1. Please send an extra bag with your child this week as they will be bringing home all items from their cubbies and lockers and desks.

2. Monday March 13- Mrs. MacDonald's Class goes skating

3. Tuesday March 14-The District Principal of Aboriginal Education, Cheryl Sebastian, visits Westmount at 9 am

4. Wednesday March 15- Leadership Students from Sahali Secondary visit Mrs. Eagles' classroom. My daughter, Payton, is coming to teach the anti-bullying lessons with her peers to our Gr. 5/6 class.

5. Thursday March 16- ART CARD ORDERS DUE BACK to school. Cheques payable to WESTMOUNT ELEMENTARY. This intitiative is not affliated  with our PAC.

TERM II REPORT CARDS come home. Please return the brown envelople signed on Friday March 17th.

6. Friday March 17- HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY- Spirit Day- WEAR GREEN! PAC PURDY's ORDERS DUE BACK- please make cheques payable to WESTMOUNT PAC. This is a spring Fundraiser for the PAC and  they appreciate your support.

We have reached 1200 HOWL OUTS. Students will be given a special reward on Friday March 17th. We are so proud of all the children at Westmount.  The children are definitely ready for a break as office referrals increased in the past two weeks. Continue to talk to your children about solving their problems peacefully and also adhering to the requests of the adults in our school.

SCHOOL RETURNS AFTER SPRING BREAK on Monday April 3.

I will send the update for April 3-7th the weekend before we return.

A reminder PINK PARENT INPUT FORMS for CLASS PLACEMENT 2017-2018 will be available starting Monday April 3. While I try my best to meet parents requests, please know that just because you complete a form, the placement of your child is the decision of my staff and myself. We may not be able to fulfill ALL parent wishes- please know this in advance. We value your input and therefore, we will take it into consideration.

Have a great holiday and enjoy your time with your kids over Spring Break.

Respectfully,

Mrs. C. DeFehr