Here are the updates for the Westmount community for the week of January 16-20th and a glance at the following week for your planning:
*PAC JANUARY NEWSLETTER IS ATTACHED to my email. Please take a read.
1. VIRTUE OF THE WEEK: JUSTICE
2. GR. 4 and 7 officially begin their FSA exams. Please ensure your child is present and on time each day.
3. Basketball League Play begins this week. Please return permission forms and ensure you sent the signed CODE OF CONDUCT (both player and parent need to sign off on this for the child to play). Tier 1 Boys play at home vs. Juniper and Tier 2 Boys Travel to Rayleigh on Tuesday. On Thursday Tier 1 Girls play at home vs. ASES and Tier 2 girls travel to Beattie. Coaches will hand out jerseys at practice prior to their first game. Your child will be assigned a jersey number that they are responsible for bringing to each game.
4. On Monday Jan. 16- reminder that Connolly and Primus' classes go skating. Mrs. Eagles, Mrs. Finley and Mr. Blower's classes have the EDGE PROGRAM- we hope to see all kids in attendance for this valuable program.
5. PIZZA with the Principal Forms are due back Wed. Jan. 18 to have a chance to have lunch with Mrs. DeFehr. Kids can pick up an entry form at the office or parents can print one off from the January newsletter email.
6. On Wednesday we will celebrate as a school reaching 745 HOWL OUTS! I am so proud of all the students and they will have three surprises on Wednesday! Be sure to ask them what they were!
7. On Thursday, Edstrom/Caputo and Zirnhelt's classes go to Gymnastics.
8. Friday January 20 is a NON INSTRUCTIONAL DAY. Westmount staff will be at WSS for a joint Professional Development Day learning about the Core Competencies and Student Self Assessment.
Next week is LITERACY WEEK! Please be sure to bring in your gently used books for our HEAP THE HONDA book drive! Jan. 26 is the last day to donate.
January 23-27- VIRTUE OF THE WEEK: TACT
Many classes participating in the UNPLUG AND PLAY challenge- encourage your children to play outside, read, bake, craft and play boardgames.
Monday Jan. 23 is LITERACY DAY at Westmount. Mrs. Sauer has organized many fun activities on this day.
Ewashina and Torchia's classes go skating Jan. 23- send helmet and skates
On Tuesday Jan. 24- Tier 1 Boys play at home vs. Dufferin and Tier 2 boys travel to Logan Lake
Wed. Jan. 25- OPPOSITE DAY! Thanks for all the orders for ICECREAM DAY! They will love eating it with the forks I bought!
Thurs. Jan. 26 is MUG AND MUFFIN DAY. Come inside at 8 am and get a hot chocolate and a muffin and have a tour of your child's classroom and let them showcase their learning to you!
Also on Thursday the following classes go to TCC for Gymnastics: Edstrom, Zirnhelt, Regan and Ewashina.
Tier 1 Girls play at home vs. Aberdeen and Tier 2 girls travel to St. Ann's
Friday Jan. 27- It is PAC TIM HORTON's HOT LUNCH DAY- on this day we eat at 12:01, not 12:29. It is also SPIRIT DAY- Wear your blue WOLFPACK ATTIRE! It is also PAC MOVIE NIGHT "STORKS" will be shown! 6:30 doors open. Students must be accompanied with an adult. Great concession!
*We are always looking for volunteers for the drop off zone in the mornings if you can help! Please let Mrs. DeFehr know and I will connect you with Sandy Haddock(parent liason for this volunteer service)
We are so grateful for the parents that assist with drop off and the crosswalk and REMEMBER they are there NOT to inconvenience you in the morning or at 2:30, but they are there because they care immensely about the safety of our kids. I am extremely grateful.
Parents please do refrain from parking, dropping off or waiting for students in the STAFF PARKING LOT. This is absolutely out of bounds for parents. Our Daycare Vans do pick up from there but no other parents should be entering the lot.
Mrs. C. DeFehr