HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL WESTMOUNT PARENTS!
I am very much looking forward to seeing your children back at school Tuesday morning!
Please find below all the reminders you will need for the return to school this week and a glance at next week too:
1.VIRTUE OF THE WEEK: HONESTY
2.RETURN ALL INSIDE SHOES and CLASSROOM ITEMS for Tuesday(blankets, clothes in K, gym strip in intermediate)
3.TO SLED OUTSIDE your child must have boots, gloves, snowpants, winter jacket and a hat. Please ensure your child has all these items for outside play.
4.JANUARY NEWSLETTER will be emailed home TUES. JAN. 3 (watch for this in your inbox) It will also be posted to the website. All calendar dates for January and February will be included. Return Pizza with the Principal forms by Jan. 18
5. CHOICE DAYS will start Tuesday at Westmount! For January and February your children will have choices for their lunch time play. Staff and CEA's have assisted me in offering choices for both primary and intermediates so they do not have to go outside if they do not want to. The full choice days schedule is included in the January newsletter so be sure to review that with your child. Going outside is always the #1 preferred activity, but we know for many the winter months are not their favourite. With Choice days they can attend the Games Room, the Doodle Club, the Crib Club, The Reading Room or attend Intramuruals -just to name a few.
6. PAC HOT LUNCH ORDERS are due Friday Jan. 6- please complete online ordering for Jan. and Feb. at hotlunches.net or come get a paper copy completed with Mrs. Connelly. We have two hot dog days, a Tim Horton's Day and a Pasta Day with Senor Froggy so don't miss out ordering! The next PAC Meeting is Mon. Jan. 9. at 6:15. We kindly ask for more parent involvement as the YEAR END PAC BBQ is scheduled for June 15 and we need more parent help to make this event happen. Email the pac at firstname.lastname@example.org if you will be able to volunteer to help with the planning of the BBQ. Yes, the planning starts now!
7. BASKETBALL SEASON IS HERE! Gr. 5-7 students who signed up for basketball need to listen to announcements for practice times this week and next. TRY OUT's will be occuring to determine our TIER 1 and TIER 2 teams. Schedules and the finalized practice schedules will come home once teams have been determined. League Play starts Jan. 17 *boys and Jan. 19 *girls
Basketball Players will have shooting practice every day at RECESS supervised by staff members
8. FRIDAY JAN. 6- Reminder to FINLEY, BLOWER and EAGLES' classes about their TRIP TO HARPER MOUNTAIN.
9. January is Literacy Month. WESTMOUNT is participating in HEAP THE HONDA! We are collecting gently used or new books for families across the city that cannot afford literature. Please send any books to school and donate to this worthwhile cause. Books can be taken directly to the library until Jan. 26
Coming up next week: Jan. 9-13, 2017
*Virtue of Reliability
*FSA Orientation begins for Gr. 4 and 7 students. Parents of Gr. 4 and 7 students will be receiving a letter explaining these provincial assessments.
*Order forms will be coming home Mon. Jan. 9 for OPPOSITE DAY ICECREAM DAY! This is a school event where we will be celebrating Opposite Day Jan. 25 and offering ICECREAM (how opposite for a cold day in January!) $1.00 for either a cup of vanilla or chocolate. We are purchasing the icecream through Blackwell Dairy. Orders are due back for Fri. Jan. 13
*Basketball permission forms will be coming home and will need returning by Fri. Jan. 13
*PAC has a POPCORN DAY Jan. 11 and their HOT DOG DAY Jan. 12
*Monday Jan. 9- SKATING DAY for Primus, Eagles and Connolly's classes- children will need helmets and skates.
*Friday Jan. 13 is SPIRIT DAY- HAT DAY! Also, heading to HARPER MOUNTAIN are PRIMUS, REGAN AND RUDDICK's classes- please return forms and fees.
Thank you parents!
I hope these updates are helpful with organizing for the next few weeks.
Mrs. Carol DeFehr