Site news

PARENT WEEKLY UPDATE: Dec. 12-16, 2016

Carol
PARENT WEEKLY UPDATE: Dec. 12-16, 2016
by Carol DeFehr - Friday, 9 December 2016, 4:48 PM

HAPPY LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL FOR 2016!

Please find updates below for the week of Dec. 12-16 for familes of Westmount.

VIRTUE OF THE WEEK: CONSIDERATION

BE A HUNGER HERO CAMPAIGN CONTINUES- please bring in food donations for the Salvation Army and please bring an item for the Intermediate Christmas concert.

PLEASE HAVE YOUR CHILD CHECK THE LOST and FOUND this week!

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! If you can assist a morning or two a week down in the drop off, the parents that run this could really use some extra help since Christein Paradis is expecting a baby very soon! Please email me cdefehr@sd73.bc.ca if this is something you could do between 8 and 8:30 in the New Year and I will let Sandy Haddock know. THANK YOU!

BASKETBALL SIGN UP is now underway at Westmount. Children in Gr. 5/6/7 should be adding their name to the sign up sheets in classrooms to show interest to try out in January. Any boys hoping to try out should come to a meeting Tues. Dec. 13 at lunch in the library with parent coach Brad Watson.

PAC UPDATES: Please find below the PAC DECEMBER Newsletter- please take  a read. 

PAC HOT LUNCHES are available for Jan. and Feb. starting Mon. Dec. 12. Either go to hotlunches.net or come get a paper copy from the office to order for Jan and Feb. hot lunch days! Orders with payment are due on or before January 6th. NO LATE ORDERS ACCEPTED so please order now so you don't forget!

PAC MEETING: Monday December 12th. 6:15 in the Library. All parents are welcome and childminding is available.

Monday Dec. 12- ART STARTS PERFORMANCE with D.O Gibson- an Anti-bullying presentation performed by a world record holder for Rapping is coming to Westmount. 8:45 start!

Mr. Blower's class goes Skating on Monday so please send with helmet and skates.

Tuesday Dec. 13- FRESH IS BEST ORDERS will be sorted and will be ready for pick up from classrooms at the end of the day. PARENTS- if  you do not pick up the order yourself, classroom teachers WILL be sending home orders with children due to refrigeration concerns of the product. While I don't want you getting smushed Tortillia chips, the items will be in your child's hands after 2:30 if you can't come in to get your order. For those of you that ordered a lot, please ensure you have a plan to get your product. WE ARE SO GRATEFUL for all your support of this fundraiser for the school~

We will be welcoming the WSS Choir who will carol in our hallways on the morning of Tues. Dec. 13. at 9:30. This is a tradition!

Wednesday Dec. 14th- INTERMEDIATE DRESS REHEARSAL for "DEAR SANTA" - Primary students will be in the gym at 1:15 to watch their Big Buddies perform.

Thursday Dec. 15th- INTERMEDIATE AFTERNOON CONCERT for "DEAR SANTA" 1:15 start

INTERMEDIATE EVENING CONCERT for "DEAR SANTA"- 6:30 start with doors opening at 6:00. All students to be at the school for 6 pm.

THURSDAY IS TERM I REPORT CARD DAY! Please return the BROWN ENVELOPE SIGNED- the following day- Dec. 16th.

Friday Dec. 16th- RED AND GREEN SPIRIT DAY!  SING A LONG in the GYM 11:20 for Christmas Songs as a school. LOCKER CLEAN OUTS! - please send an extra bag to carry home extra clothing and projects!

Reminder winter break is Dec. 17-January 2, 2017. Classes resume January 3, 2017.

Those classes going to Harper Mountain on January 6th need to ensure all forms and payment  are sent as soon as possible.

I will send out a WELCOME BACK email prior to school starting January 3 with all the reminders and dates important for the week we return!

Thanks everyone for being the best parents in SD73! Happy Holidays!

Mrs. DeFehr