Site news

PARENT'S WEEKLY UPDATE NOV. 21-25th, 2016

Carol
PARENT'S WEEKLY UPDATE NOV. 21-25th, 2016
by Carol DeFehr - Friday, 18 November 2016, 10:09 PM

Hi Parents,

I write to you from my hotel in Quesnel as I am away at my daughter's hockey tournament(proud Mom as she got her first goal of the season!)  I hope you are having a great start to your weekend so far.

Please find below the updates for families for next week and a glance at the following week as well.

VIRTUE OF THE WEEK: HELPFULNESS (we hope you can utilize this virtue at home this week)

THOUGHT EXCHANGE: Thanks to all those parents that participated in the District Thought Exchange questions in Round 1. We ask that you now check your email and assign the 'STARS' to the most important thoughts listed.

ATTENDANCE: Please ensure children are coming to school, unless truly ill, as teachers are trying hard to complete assessments prior to report cards. If your child is going to be absent, it is important to communicate with the classroom teacher to see if there are assignments your child needs to work on in their absence if possible. Please remember that much of the learning and lessons in our classrooms can not be duplicated. Your child's attendance to hear the instruction is crucial with the ReDesigned Curriculum.

VOLLEYBALL PLAYERS- Please return your Playoff Permission slips Monday if you haven't already.

PAC NEWSLETTER ATTACHED- please take a few moments and take a read

Monday Nov. 21: ART STARTS- STORY THEATRE PERFORMANCE 9 am. If you haven't paid your $15 fee for these three performances could you please send payment Monday. The school has no budget to recover the costs for those parents that do not pay fee so please help us.

EDSTROM and ZIRNHELT'S CLASSES SKATING- send skates and helmets

MILK AND COOKIE DAY IS COMING DEC.2- ORDER FORMS WILL COME HOME 

Monday Nov. 21 and they are due back Nov. 24th. No late orders please.

Tuesday Nov. 22: Tier 1 BOYS PLAYOFF Game at Brock

Wednesday Nov. 23: PAC POPCORN DAY- Send $1.00

: Tier 2 GIRLS PLAYOFF Game at Dufferin

Thursday Nov. 24- YOU CAN COUNT ON ME Math Event for Kindergarten Parents in the GYM 8:20-10

Thank you PAC for paying for the presenter for this Math workshop for K parents

:EWASHINA and REGAN- SWIMMING 12:30

:MILK AND COOKIE ORDERS DUE

:TIER 1 GIRLS Playoff Game at McGowan

Friday Nov. 25- SPIRIT DAY! Wear wolfpack attire or BLUE!

:MacDonald's Class to Summit Firehall 11-12

AC MOVIE NIGHT 6:30 doors open. FINDING DORY! Concession available

FREE ADMISSION! Kids can wear their pj's. All families are invited!

Next week: Virtue of Excellence

FRESH IS BEST FUNDRAISER STARTS! Westmount will be selling chips, salsa and dips for $5 each! Cheaper than the store! Orders will go home Mon. Nov. 28. They are due back Tues. Dec. 6. Orders will be delivered to the school Tuesday Dec. 13. Parents can come pick up their orders that day or we will send them home with your children.

Mon. Nov. 28- Pizza with the Principal Lunch, Skating- Zirnhelt and Edstrom 10:30

Tues. Nov. 29- RECOGNITION ASSEMBLY 8:45, Math Expo at HGEC for students attending, PAC POINSETTIA ORDER PICK UP DAY

Wed. Nov. 30- Mrs. Connolly's class to Public Library, Fruit and Veggie Program- Oranges

Thurs. Dec. 1- DECEMBER NEWSLETTER emailed to parents (might be sooner if I am organized)

Fri. Dec. 2- MILK AND COOKIE DAY! CRAZY SOCK DAY!

Thanks parents for sending your amazing children to Westmount each day.

Mrs. DeFehr