Site news

Parents Weekly Update Nov. 14-18, 2016

Carol
Parents Weekly Update Nov. 14-18, 2016
by Carol DeFehr - Saturday, 12 November 2016, 5:10 PM

Hi Parents,

First off a huge thank you to our amazing PAC and all parents of Westmount! At the PAC Meeting on Monday Nov. 7 th PAC approved the purchase of 42 new Chromebooks for our students. They also approved their 2016-2017 Budget and I was so impressed with the support and intiatives the PAC want to endorse this school year. It means a lot to all the staff and students. THANK YOU! Your fundraising for our school is making a huge difference. 

POINSETTIA PAC FUNDRAISER - Thank you for your support. Orders are due back Friday Nov. 18th

PAC FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT- SAVE THE DATE FOR FINDING DORY! Friday November 25th- Admission is free. There is a concession available. Bring your blankets and the kids can wear their pjs! Doors open at 6:30.

Those parents that park on Collingwood and Driftwood,  please note a complaint has come from residences on that side of the field that the safety of the children is being comprimised and driveways blocked. Please know residents will be calling ByLaw Services so please be mindful where you park. Please always watch out for our students- we do not want a tragedy to occur because everyone is in a rush at drop off and pick up times.

VIRTUE OF THE WEEK: CREATIVITY

Last week of regular VOLLEYBALL SEASON- Play Off Schedule  to come out soon- new permission forms will come home with players once these are public.

This week:

Monday Nov. 14- Pizza with the Principal Forms are due for November's draw! Remember if your child does not like pizza, let me know and I can arrange something different.

Children will work on a PBIS project with their Big Buddy Class on Monday called COLLABORATION CIRCLES. The afternoon will be exciting on Monday as students pair up to show their creativity this week.

Mrs. Eagles class is Skating Monday. Please remember to send skates and a helmet.

Tuesday Nov. 15- Tier 1 BOYS play at Ecole LGES.

Wed. Nov. 16- Apples and Milk are delivered for the FRUIT AND VEGGIE PROGRAM

Thurs. Nov. 17- KINDERGARTEN PARENTS- please ensure you have RSVP'd for the YOU CAN COUNT ON ME Event happening Nov. 24. Thank you to our PAC for paying for the presenter at this event.

Tier 1 Girls Volleyball Team plays at Aberdeen and Tier 2 Girls play at Kay Bingham.

INTERNET SAFETY EVENING FOR PARENTS at BEATTIE ELEMENTARY 7-8 pm on Nov. 17. Please rsvp by calling Beattie Elementary.

Fri. Nov. 18- PAC HOT DOG DAY! We will reverse the reverse lunch this day so hot dogs can be served and eaten hot!  PAC Poinsettia Orders due.

A reminder TIER 1 GIRLS Volleyball team is to meet at TRU on Friday Nov. 18 to watch the TRU vs. UBC Volleyball game.

*PARENTS if you have not paid your School Supplies or Performing Arts "Art Starts' fees could you please do so immediately or speak with Mrs. Connelly in the office about a payment plan. If you do not pay your fee the school runs a deficit and there is no budget to cover those parents that do not pay their annual fees. We need your assistance. Thank you.

SNEAK PEEK AT NEXT WEEK:

VIRTUE OF HELPFULNESS

MILK AND COOKIE DAY IS BACK!  I have asked Blackwell Dairy if we could please get the milk delivered as early as possible so the kids can have the milk and cookies at snack time, but we are at the mercy of the delivery man- so that is why it was lunch time last time we did this. Thanks for your support!

Monday Nov. 21- ART STARTS PERFORMANCE: STORY THEATRE 9 am

-MILK AND COOKIE ORDER FORMS HOME

-SKATING- Zirnhelt and Edstrom 10:30

Wed. Nov. 23- -POPCORN DAY- send $1

Thurs. Nov. 24- YOU CAN COUNT ON ME EVENT- K Parents 8:20 GYM

-Ewashina and Regan- Swimming  12:30

-MILK AND COOKIE  ORDERS DUE (MIlk and Cookie Day is Dec. 2)

Fri. Nov. 25-  SPIRIT DAY- Wear Blue or your Wolfpack clothing!

-MacDonald's Class  to the FIrehall 11:00 am

- PAC MOVIE NIGHT  FINDING DORY!

Thanks Everyone,

Mrs. DeFehr (One very proud principal to all of your amazing children!)