Hope your weekend has been terrific so far.
Please find below the updates for this coming week and a glance at the following week for your planning.
1. Volleyball Players- League Play starts this week- please ensure your forms are returned Monday. Tier 1 Boys play at Dallas Elem Tuesday. Tier 1 Girls play at home Thursday and Tier 2 Girls travel to Kay Bingham.
2. On Monday- COTTON CANDY ORDER forms will be coming home. They are due back Thursday October 20th. $3 for a large bag. These will be handed out at the end of the day on Friday October 28. Special thanks to parent Crystal for helping us with this!
Also on Monday, Gr. 7 students will be sending home their HARVEST DANCE order forms. They are selling treats on the day of the dance, Thursday Oct. 27th. These order forms are due back Oct. 20 as well.
3. Last chance to enter Pizza with the Principal for the month of October on Monday. Send your child's form back!
4. JERSEY DAY is Tuesday! We have the Kamloops Blazers visiting and want to be in as much blue and orange or jerseys as possible.
5. Mrs. Primus' class leaves for McQueen Lake for two nights and three days on Tuesday. We wish them all the best on their outdoor adventure! Thanks to all the parents that are supporting this trip!
6. On Wednesday some classes are getting the WILDSAFE BC Presentation.
7. Also on Wednesday the PAC will be sending home the WESTMOUNT WOLFPACK ATTIRE orders for Westmount Clothing from Hansport. We are so fortunate to have the support of Hansport! Please make cheques payable to WESTMOUNT PAC. All taxes are included in the prices. This is NOT a fundraiser for the PAC. They offer the clothing so that we build a sense of community and school spirit when we have our Blue Westmount Pride Days. Consider getting an item as a Christmas gift and just write on the order that it is a Christmas gift and that you want to be called to pick it up.
8. Mini Cucumbers and Milk for K-5/6 are delivered on Wednesday so that is a special treat this week!
9. Thursday is PAC HOT DOG DAY! We Reverse the Reverse Lunch on this day and eat first.
10. Thursday is PUMPKIN PATCH FIELD TRIP DAY for: Connolly, Torchia, Caputo and Zirnhelt's classes.
WE ALSO HAVE AN EARTHQUAKE DRILL on Thursday. We are registered as a school to participate in the GREAT BC SHAKEOUT EARTHQUAKE DRILL which is a provincial intitiative.
11. FRIDAY is a NON INSTRUCTIONAL DAY. There is no school for students on October 21st.
Next week: Monday is SCHOOL LIBRARY DAY IN CANADA so we will host a Drop Everything and Read Event. Tuesday- Tier 1 Boys travel to Raft River in Clearwater for league play. Wednesday is our OCTOBER Recognition Assembly- Mrs. Eagle's Class will be presenting. Parents will be contacted if your child is receiving an award for October. Wednesday is also the first PAC POPCORN DAY! Send $1.00 with your child to order their popcorn the morning of. Thursday is the Harvest Dance for Primary at 11:15 and Intermediate at 1:00. $1 admission as a fundraiser for Gr. 7's. If you ordered treats for dance day they will be delivered Thursday. Thursday Tier 1 Girls play at home and Tier 2 Girls travel to St. Ann's. Friday is Cotton Candy day, WOLFPACK SPIRIT DAY, Swimming for Eagles, Blower and Finley's classes and will be reward day if the children reach 309 howl outs! We are only 30 away so I predict we will celebrate on Oct. 28th!