Happy Thanksgiving to you all on October 10th. Enjoy your day with your children at home.
School resumes Tuesday Oct. 11th with doors opening at 8:20 am.
This week at Westmount:
1. Return Pizza with the Principal forms from the October Newsletter
2. PERFORMING ARTS fees are now overdue- please send $15 per child asap as our first performance is Tuesday Oct. 11 at 1:30 pm
3. Thank you for supporting COLES ADOPT A SCHOOL CAMPAIGN. I looked forward to hearing what the grand totals are, but at last count we were at 246 books!
4. Oct. 11-14 is FIRE PREVENTION WEEK- please review fire evacuation plans in your residences with your children.
5. VIRTUE OF THE WEEK is INTEGRITY which is part of our A.I.R. matrix so the students will have lots of background knowledge on this topic.
6. Gr. 1 PARENTS- don't forget that you are coming to school (the gym) on Wednesday morning to learn more about teaching and supporting your child how to read with Fiona Clare. 8:20-10:20 is the COME READ WITH ME EVENT.
7. Parents it is not too late to sign up for PARENT TEACHER INTERVIEWS Oct. 13 and 14th- the sign up sheets are in the main hallway or contact your child's teacher for a time slot.
8. Dismissal on Oct. 13 and 14th is 12:30 pm so please be sure to have a plan for your child.
9. Volleyball Permission forms will come home with our athletes this week- please return by Friday Oct. 14th.
10. Attached is the OCTOBER PAC NEWSLETTER. Please take a read. PAC would love any outstanding COUPON BOOKS returned by Tuesday if you still have those on the counter!
11. FRESHGRADE IS COMING SOON! Many of our teachers will begin using this tool by early next week. The School District has let us know that all information should be loaded into the server from MYEDBC to FreshGrade by Thursday Oct. 13th. We are looking forward to having your gain access to your child's learning using these digital portfolios. Thank you for signing the consent forms.
12. NEXT WEEK: Watch for our COTTON CANDY DAY form coming home! In conjunction with BLUE SPIRIT DAY coming up at the end of October, parents can choose to buy their child a bag of BLUE Cotton Candy. Watch for the form to come home- $3.00 a bag. These will be delivered to classes at the end of the day to take home with each child.
The BLAZERS ARE COMING! It will be JERSEY DAY at WESTMOUNT on Tuesday OCTOBER 18th and those classes that signed up will have special time with the hockey superstars!
PAC HOT LUNCH DAY IS OCTOBER 20th! We Reverse the Reverse Lunch on this day and eat first- just fyi!
FRIDAY OCT. 21 is a Professional Development Day- NO school for STUDENTS.
Westmount Parent Weekly Update Oct. 10-14, 2016