Happy Last week of September!
Here are the updates for this coming week. This information was also emailed to all of our parents on Saturday Sept. 24th, 2016.
Be sure to follow us on Instagram and Twitter too!
VIRTUE OF THE WEEK: SELF DISCIPLINE!
We are at 96 HOWLOUTS for Positive Behaviour at Westmount. When the children reach 309 (one for every student at Westmount) the children will receive reward!
1. BOYS VOLLEYBALL PLAYERS- There is a TRY OUT PRACTICE at 7 am Mon. Sept. 26 with Coach Brad Watson. GIRLS VOLLEYBALL Players- listen to announcements this week and check in with Mrs. Primus for your practice schedules.
2. MILK AND COOKIE DAY IS COMING TO WESTMOUNT! Mrs. DeFehr is organizing this in conjunction with Random Acts of Kindness Week. WED. OCT. 5 IS MILK AND COOKIE DAY. Order forms will come home Monday Sept. 26 and are due back Thurs. Sept. 29th. Exact change please or we will assume you are making a special donation to the school. Thanks for your support!
3. PAC HOT LUNCH FORMS coming home Mon. Sept. 26 for HOT DOG DAY OCT. 7th. FORMS ARE DUE BACK by Mon. Oct. 3. PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NO ONLINE ORDERING AVAILABLE for this hot lunch. Please send the exact change and your paper order to the teacher by the 3rd of October.
KEEP SELLING THOSE COUPON BOOKS for the PAC FUNDRAISER! Due back Oct. 4th.
4. COLES ADOPT A SCHOOL CAMPAIGN CONTINUES. If every family wrote a story or made a $10 donation we would be so excited. Visit adoptaschool.indigo.ca and click on BC and then find Westmount. This campaign runs until Oct. 9, but make your donation today! Lots of kids will read the book you donate!
5. RAISE A READER is coming to WESTMOUNT on Tuesday September 27. Staff will be outside collecting donations and handing out special newspapers. Westmount has never done this before so we would like to show our community spirit and support. Look for Mrs. Ewashina, Mrs. Sauer and Ms. Boyle outside as you arrive to school.
6. TERRY FOX DAY AND ORANGE DAY- SEPT. 30th. Please bring a TWOONIE for TERRY this week to support Cancer Research. Also on Friday, we as a school and district are honoring ORANGE DAY. Orange Day celebrates the notion that #EveryChildMatters. Children will be studying about Orange Day this week as part of our committment to Aboriginal Education. ON FRIDAY WEAR ORANGE! (if you don't have orange, wear blue for Terry Fox!). We have an assembly in the afternoon led by Mrs. Edstrom (LDP) and our Terry Fox Run. We will be joined by TRU athletes.
7. We will have another firedrill and lockdown practice this week as well.
8. CROSS COUNTRY RUN TEAM attends the ASES Cross Country Run at Westsyde Centennial Park this Wednesday. Good luck!
9. SCHOOL SUPPLY FEES are due by Sept. 30th. Remember to contact Mrs. Connelly if a payment plan option is better suited for your family.
10. PEARS and MILK arrive this week for our Fruit and Veggie Program as well.
Coming up next week:
*OCTOBER NEWSLETTER will be sent home via email/posted to website
*RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS WEEK Oct. 3-7. We will be emphasizing this at school and hope you will at home as well. VIRTUE OF THE WEEK: CARING
*ART STARTS forms and fees will be due- please budget for $15.00 to be sent to school by Oct. 7th. Information will come home Oct. 3rd.
*PHOTO DAY- OCT. 5th for individual pictures of students
*PAC COUPON BOOKS due Oct. 4th./ PAC MEETING Oct. 3 6:15 pm/PAC HOT LUNCH Oct. 7th
*MILK AND COOKIE DAY October 5th
*Earth Rangers Assembly Thurs. Oct. 6th
*TERM I OVERVIEWS will have been sent home to parents by Oct. 7th