Here are the updates for the week of May 30-June 3, 2016:
1. Thanks to all parents for using the Safe Arrival number or website or app to report your child's absence. Each day Mrs. Connelly has saved well over an hour and fifteen minutes by using this new system. We thank you!
2. Book Fair starts this week. Tuesday-Thursday in our library. Please consider supporting this library fundraiser by getting some books set aside for your child's summer reading.
3. Bike to School Week is this week! Thanks to Nicholas Campbell and his mom that have registered our school as the Westmount Riders- you can get your child active this week and participating. There is a sign up outside the office so ensure your child has added their name. We hope the bike rikes are filled.
4. On Monday a reminder to parents in Mrs. MacDonald and Mrs. Denison's classes that they are off to Isobel Lake. Please dress your child for the weather.
5. Tuesday is our May Recognition Assembly at 8:45 am. Mrs. Regan, Mrs. Ruddick and Mrs. Edstrom's classes will all be performing with their recorders. Also, our Brain Trust group led by Mrs. Wilson will be showing their A.I.R. video they created called Gary's First Day.
6. Wednesday Mrs. Regan and Mrs. Scarr's classes will get an Aboriginal Ethnobotony lesson with a guest presenter.
7. Friday is our Welcome to Kindergarten Event for all our new K's joining us in September. The school will be a busy place as we welcome families into the gym to start each session.
8. Also on Friday- PAC has their FREEZIE FRIDAY event. Send $1 with your child.
Mrs. Edstrom/Caputo's class will be dressed as pioneers on Friday as they head to the Robbin's Range Heritage School for the day.
Our First Nations student body as well as Mrs. Regan's classes head to the Rattlesnake Run for a day full of fun on Friday too
9. The June newsletter will come home to parents Tuesday May 31. I will email it out and it is always available on the website each month as well.
10. Just a reminder that my synrevoice call outs are always also typed to the website so parents have access.
11. If you are interested in having your child participate in the Summer Reading or Summer Math Program please contact Ms. Boyle at firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Please also refrain from parking in the staff lot. This parking lot is off limits to parents at all times. Daycares do have access, but all other parents must park below or on the Collingwood side of the school. Thank you for your assistance.